First, I would like to thank you for your selfless dedication in serving our country. It is for this reason that Northwest Battle Buddies was conceived and begun.
Before you fill out your application please know we have three eligibility requirements.
- Must be a Combat Veteran
- Must have a doctor’s diagnosis of PTSD with required documentation
- Must have been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces (active duty also eligible)
- Cannot have another dog in home that is untrained (if you do please call for more information)
If you meet our requirements:
- Please fill out the application and attach your DD214.
- Gather the following required documents:
- Photo/Visual/Video Release Form
- Release of Medical Records Form (ROI) – Do not send your records
- Copy of your DD214
- Personal Statement (Tell us what you feel a Service Dog will do for you)
- 3 Personal Recommendations (Can be from Friends/Family telling us why you should have a service dog.)
- Doctor/Therapist Note (Must be on official letterhead with PTSD diagnosis and recommendation for Service Dog)
- Proof of Stable Income (Copy of pay stub or award letter)
- Proof of Stable Housing (Copy of Lease Agreement or Mortgage Statement)
- Detailed pictures of the inside and outside of house
- Current Photo ID
Once we receive your completed application you will be notified by mail or email.
Thank you for your interest in a PTSD service dog with Northwest Battle Buddies. We look forward to serving you.
Shannon R. Walker
President, Northwest Battle Buddies